Down to the last weekend, one last chance, one last day of full starts, one last day of a fully stocked roster - let’s get it!
Curtis Granderson (OF, NYM) – His past two weeks have offered 13 runs, 2 2B, 4 HR, 10 RBI and a SB, and he has more home runs versus the Phillies this year then any other team. 59% owned.
Asdrubel Cabrera (SS, NYM) – Cabrera has also hit the Phillies better then any team in 2016, and he comes in to his last three games in PHI posting 7 runs, 2 2B, 4 HR, 13 RBI and a SB. 47% owned.
Carlos Gomez (OF, TEX) – Gomez is now up to eight home runs and 24 RBI in 31 games with Texas after managing just five homers and 29 RBI in 85 games with the Astros. Three games at home. 58% owned.
Sean Rodriquez (INF/OF, PIT) - He is eligible for like every position but catcher, he is a FA after this season, he is 40% owned, and he has ripped off 5 HR, 12 RBI, 9 runs and 2 2B in his past 54 at-bats, he can fill any void you have but backstop this final weekend.
Some crappy titles for the year in fantasyland:
- Biggest bust: Jason Heyward (OF, CHC) - .230-59-7-47-11…wow that is bad…defense doesn’t count in fantasy baseball…
- Biggest hitting mess: Yasiel Puig (OF, LAD) - .260-42-11-44-5…minor league demotion…
- Biggest pitching mess: Sonny Gray (SP, OAK) – 5-11, 5.69 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, 94K:42BB…yikes…
Some good titles this year in fantasy baseball:
- Quietest ridiculously good pitching season: Rick Porcello (SP, BOS) – not very often we see 22-4, and 183K:30BB as well…AL Cy Young is no contest really…honorable mention to the should be NL Cy Young in fantasy baseball, Max Scherzer (SP, WAS) and his line of 19-7, 2.82 ERA, 277K:54BB).
- Quietest ridiculously good hitting season: Mike Trout (OF, LAA), as usual, posted a line of .318/.441/.556-123-29-99-27…ridiculous…
- AL Fantasy MVP at the plate could easily be Altuve (.337-107-24-96-28), but Mookie Betts (OF, BOS) was on another level this year (.320-119-31-112-26)
- NL Fantasy MVP at the plate is without contest – Nolan Arenado (3B, COL) and his line of .293-112-40-130-2 is without an equal in 2016.
- Biggest position specific stud (hitting) should be Brian Dozier (2B, MIN) and his .270-102-42-99-18 is nuts for 2B, especially the 42 dingers…
- Biggest position specific stud (pitching) should be JA Happ and his 20-4 record, to go with a 3.20 ERA, 1.16 WHIP and 162K:55BB.
Catch me on Twitter @canuckhoppy